[BlueOnyx:06114] Re: ADAPTEC AIC-9404

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Tue Dec 14 16:36:09 -05 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 14:55 -0600, Chuck Tetlow wrote:

> > 2) The install will proceed on its own if left alone.
> > So be careful, when creating a CD. I did this a few years ago.
> > I went to bed and woke up with my PC running CentOS+BlueOnyx.
> > (windows update during the evening rebooted the PC)
> >

> Company I work with had that problem a few years ago.
>
> Owner had a big honkin' HP server he was using to run a run a bunch of
> virtual servers.  He put in a BlueQuartz CD and loaded up a new
> virtual.  Left it in the drive.
>
> Utility company dropped power one night a week later - longer than the
> UPS would carry.  When he got in the next day - he had one big honkin'
> BlueQuartz server!
>
> To say he was upset is a understatement.  Luckily, we was able to
> recover about 75% of the lost virtual machines and data.
>
> But it was that incident, combined with other people in the BlueQuartz
> list saying "Hey - that's happened to me too!" that caused Brian to
> change the installer.  After that, it waited till you hit RETURN to
> proceed.  Did your custom CD creation process reverse that change??

yes there was a new isolinux.cfg .
Fixed now isolinux.cfg had a timeout > 0
changed to 0 now it will wait for input.

I also fixed the issue with using small drives.
so now works like the basic BlueOnyx install cd

new iso loaded to;
http://fsn.raqware.com/BlueOnyx/RaQware-BlueOnyx-5.5-20100519-20101214.iso
http://fsn.raqware.com/BlueOnyx/RaQware-BlueOnyx-5.5-20100519-20101214.md5

--