[BlueOnyx:06136] Vacation autoresponder problems

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Thu Dec 16 13:00:31 -05 2010

We're having a bit of a problem with the vacation autoresponder in BlueOnyx.

In one domain (only one we know that users are using that autoresponder) - any user that received a message, the system attempts to send a response.  But the response is coming from username at servername.net, not the original @domain.com.

Obviously, this would cause confusion problems IF it did get through.  In our case, we're using a smart relay server that does some basic checks.  Since its not getting proper reverse resolution on the server's hostname - it fails and doesn't send the response on.  (Just as well - since its coming from the wrong e-mail address).

Has anyone else seen this before?  The autoresponder sends the response using the server's full-qualified hostname as the "FROM" address instead of the user's DOMAIN name??

Chuck