[BlueOnyx:06205] Re: PHP Goof

Stuart McKnight stuart at stuartmcknight.net
Mon Dec 27 14:02:23 -05 2010

Well I think I bailed myself out, not sure of all the steps but essentially although it appeared I had uninstalled 5.2 I still got a return from php -v so I did some searching and ended up doing a

yum uninstall php\*

then removed the CentOS dev repo which had the 5.2 before doing a

yum install php\*

At that point Apache needed some help with the location of the docroot for the admin server (thank goodness for Webmin!)

Admin login now working but after valid user/pass got a screen with a bunch of PHP errors which appeared to center around trying to parse /etc/build.

Investigation showed that it was nowhere to be found. Odd. After further googling, found a filelists.xml which gave me an idea of what should be in that file and recreated it. Hey presto, admin gui now working again.

I guess the next step is to save up for the official PHP upgrade package that keeps admin on 5.1 and the rest of the sites on 5.2, but at the moment, nothing REALLY needs 5.2 - I was just being foolish and paid for it.

Hey Santa, if you've got a spare PHP upgrade in your bag going spare, I'll take it ;-)

All the best folks.