[BlueOnyx:03537] Re: Majordomo issues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Feb 9 14:26:07 -05 2010

Hi,

> I'm getting a lot of spam to addresses. So I have a question or two.
>
> Where is the GUI settings page for majordomo? Is there even one? If not
> does any part or sub-part of the GUI use majordomo features?

Go to the site management in BlueOnyx. On the lefthand side you'll see a menu
entry labeled "Mailing Lists". That allows you to configure the mailing lists
(and their settings) for the site in question.

The easiest way to fix SPAM to lists is to allow only subscribed members to
post to the list.

> If not can majordomo be uninstalled easily and is it safe to do so?

Yes.

> Does this article still apply to blueonyx?
>
> http://www.solarspeed.net/otrs/public.pl?Action=PublicFAQ&ItemID=21

Yes, the same procedure works as well on BlueOnyx and allows you to uninstall
Majordomo.