[BlueOnyx:03540] Re: SMTP Relay Issues

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 15:23:43 -05 2010

On 09/02/2010 10:17, "bluequartz at ozin.com" <bluequartz at ozin.com> wrote:

Does this make sense to anyone:

I add a new domain and make sure it is enabled for email.
I add a user to that domain and make sure she is enabled for email.

Mail to that user is refused until I go to the GUI:
Server Management
Network Services
Email
Untick Enable SMTP Auth
Save
Tick Enable SMTP Auth
Save

I think this is a bug.
As I say does this make sense to anyone?

Jason

I have been using BQ and now BX for many years and this has never been solved.
If we add a new user with email we almost always have to restart sendmail. This is all you are doing with disabling/enabling smtp auth.

Over the years I have posted about this but nothing has changed.
Not sure why, but we have learnt to live with it.

Colin