[BlueOnyx:03587] Re: misconfigured vsite DNS- 220 banner and mail from: issue

David Booth md at goulburn.net.au
Sat Feb 13 17:58:37 -05 2010

On 09/02/2010, at 10:35 PM, Brian M wrote:

> All emails coming out from the first domain work but have the wrong
> from: address-- from user at host.domain.com not user at domain.com.
>
> And, any virtual site after the first one:  mails won't send at all,
> due to apache forcing the wrong domain (localhost).  I thought this
> was DNS related, but it seems not.

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM, David Booth <md at goulburn.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> I think you are talking about squirrelmail? If so, I have found that
>>  users have to enter their address in their individual settings to
>> make
>>  it work.
>>

> Mere words are not enough, but:  THANK YOU.
>
> I've have been going through all the apache, sendmail, etc etc .cf
> stuff, over and over, looking for alias issues, missing alias issues,
> all kinds of things.  Oh well, great education.
>
> Brian

Yes, Users who got used to openwebmail were a bit surprised at the
'constraints' of squirrelmail. I have roundcube as an 'alternative' but
it has its own quirks so I'm considering buying Solarspeed's
openwebmail as an alternative alternative. But I'm a bit afraid of
having them all available - some people went to a lot of trouble to get
their address books (and other stuff) in place with one or the other,
or the other other, and it has made for too much support time.

Good idea to have webmail included but, as openwebmail is, IMO, far
superior to the others, I wonder why it wasn't the default in the BO
bundle. Or Horde maybe.

Anyway, anyone know of a reason I could not (buy and) install
openwebmail and leave squirrel and roundcube available?