[BlueOnyx:03589] Re: misconfigured vsite DNS- 220 banner and mail from: issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Feb 14 01:07:57 -05 2010

Hi Brian M,

> And, any virtual site after the first one:  mails won't send at all, due to
> apache forcing the wrong domain (localhost).  I thought this was DNS
> related, but it seems not.

If these mails are generated by a script (PHP or Perl), then it is the
responsibility of the script to specify the sender domain (sender address) of
the email. If none is given, localhost is assumed. That's entirely normal.

Check your scripts and see how they send their emails and modify the script(s)
in question to set the correct sender address.