[BlueOnyx:03604] servicequota_usage.pl High CPU Usage slow disk I/O

Rodrigo Ordonez Licona rodrigo at xnet.mx
Tue Feb 16 14:29:52 -05 2010

Hi,

Has anyone seen this.

At a regular interval

/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/disk/servicequota_usage.pl is executed on a
server with over 800 users, at that time, server climbs quickly and services
start to behave erratically, SMTP Authentication takes ages, pop access is
slow.

Several of those user (6-8%) are over quota. The server was happy a few
weeks ago, it is a twin quadcore xeon with 6gb of ram, and 7200rpm sata
disks.

This happens once daily

Is this an indication of lack of resources?

10 minutes afterwards cpu load is under 1 , (.6 to .8) And all services go
fine.

SAR Report confirms it repeats at the same time, And I/O Wait is high at
this moment.(so we relate it to cron & swatch)

Regards

Rodrigo O
Xnet