[BlueOnyx:03632] Re: Backups

Klein Joachim j.klein at ibusiness.at
Fri Feb 19 03:53:15 -05 2010

Am 19.02.2010 09:37, schrieb Exilewolf:
> Hey folks have a question,
>
> Currently I do a full server image backup once a month, but I was
> looking at doing some daily"s as well,
>
> So anyways what I was wondering was
> What directors should I back up, so when I do an image restore I can
> then use one of the daily backs an just rewright the older files with
> the new to have the server back up to date
>
> Stu

Hy Stu!

I make backups with raqbackups for small-sites. This is a great tool for
ackup with the use of the cmu-tool.
You can find it at http://www.neuhausinternet.de/cobalt/raqbackup/

For big-Sites (my bigest site has 1.6mio files and a big mysql-db) is
backuped with rsnapshot-tool.
This only stores the differences from the daily-backups and I store 5
daily, 4 weekly and 12 months without
duplicates of files. The full-backup is about 200GB and all other
backups only between 5-10GB.

With raqbackup always the complete space is needed and the time for the
backup grows too much for big sites.

Joachim