[BlueOnyx:03653] Backups

Jason Ozin bluequartz at ozin.com
Wed Feb 24 13:08:44 -05 2010

We now have two identical servers in our rack. The first is running
bluequartz and the second will be too.

They have private IP addresses (say 10.10.10.11 and 10.10.10.12) and the
first server has a one to one NAT mapping rules on the firewall to map an
external WAN addresses to it.

We would like to have a very regular backup (preferably backing up delta
changes only) running between the two servers so that the complete
configuration (but excluding IP addresses) gets copied from one server to
the next. If everything except IP addresses gets copied across then on
failure of server one, we could then simply change the NAT mapping on the
firewall to redirect traffic to server two.

Can anyone advise how we could do this please.

Jason Ozin