[BlueOnyx:03696] Re: Unable to create new sites

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Fri Feb 26 04:05:41 -05 2010

Steve Howes wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2010, at 17:00, Steve Howes wrote:
>
>>> Would extracting the ranges and adding that to the oid file in the
>>> form
>>> a-b,c-d,x-y etc help eventually ?
>>>
>> I'll try and write a script to do that. last time i tried doing it by
>> hand i went a bit crazy.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I've made a script to do this. It's not my nicest bit of code by far,
> but it should work!  To 'cover my arse' I will say the following:
>
> 1. Backup your /usr/sausalito/codb/ folder in it's entirety
> 2. Back up what you can with raqbackup/cmuexport
> 3. If its a VM and you can copy the entire disk, do that to
> 4. This script is untested in a live environment and I cannot accept
> any responsibility if it is wrong. It is supplied on a best efforts
> basis
> 5. Once you've run the script and copied over the file, try and do
> something simple like rename a person, change an alias. If that
> doesn't work, copy the old codb.oids back and let me know.
>
> To install do this:
>
> cd ~
> wget http://www.geekinter.net/factoids.txt -Ofactoids.pl
> chmod 700 factoids.pl
> ./factoids.pl
>
> This will give you a file 'myoids' in your home directory which
> *should* be an accurate list, but please have a quick look in it with
> cat to make sure it is sensible.
>
> By putting this in place of /usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids it will mean
> the CODB does not try and overwrite objects that exist. BUT - and its
> a big BUT, if an object has been created successfully (one which the
> GUI thinks wasn't) then it could end up trying to create a duplicate
> next (i.e. you will get 'address in use' or 'site already exists' sort
> of errors). There could be further 'tidying' left to do. We'll have to
> cross this if/when we come to it. Doing a tail-f /var/log/messages
> whilst doing the tests would be good, if anything bad happens post the
> relevant sections to the list.
>
> Hope that all made sense, it's been a long day ;)

Thanks a lot, worked out pretty fine.
The cmuExport went through without any problems, just took half the
night to create a 50GB dump. I then also created a vzdump to be really
on the safe side.

The script created a perfectly valid codb.oids.
So I restarted cced, added an alias: worked.
I then went ahead and created www.xytest.ch: worked.
I then again deleted the site www.xytext.ch: worked.
Recreated another test site: worked again.

I have created a vip account for you on our coffeemachine, you can login
whenever you want and download free coffee without any limits ;-)

Cheers and thanks,
Christoph