[BlueOnyx:03698] Re: Unable to create new sites

Steve Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Fri Feb 26 08:04:42 -05 2010

On 26 Feb 2010, at 09:05, Christoph Schneeberger wrote:
> The script created a perfectly valid codb.oids.
> So I restarted cced, added an alias: worked.
> I then went ahead and created www.xytest.ch: worked.
> I then again deleted the site www.xytext.ch: worked.
> Recreated another test site: worked again.
>
> I have created a vip account for you on our coffeemachine, you can
> login
> whenever you want and download free coffee without any limits ;-)

Really glad that worked. I'll add it to my toolkit of 'handy scripts'
for future use. If you get any ill effects further down the line let
me know, but I'm hoping it was something that isn't likely to happen
again.

> For the sake of completeness: The BlueOnyx was created from the vz
> template sometime in Q3/2009 and then I imported all sites that are
> currently on it from a strongbolt installation running on a RaQ4.
> Since
> then nothing probably has changed, so I assume it messed up during the
> imports of the existing sites. Unfortunately this is pretty long ago
> and
> I have no backup showing the exact messages when it messed up.
> Should it
> happen again, I'll happily supply you with all information needed.
> So far I haven't seen this problem on any of the other BlueOnyx
> servers
> we run (quite a few).

That is re-assuring to know. The only other time I've had to fix this
fault was on an old RaQ 550. I'll keep an ear out for anyone else
getting this and do any fixes that are needed.

Hopefully it'll all be ok now. Have a good weekend, and if I am ever
nearby I'll come and have some of that coffee ;)

Cheers.