[BlueOnyx:04870] Re: Virtual Server

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Thu Jul 1 21:20:06 -05 2010

On 2/07/2010 7:24 AM, Tony C. Loosle wrote:
> I have a few servers running VMWare and also a license to Avent.
> I want to move 4 bx servers to a Virtual server.   Which is better,
> Avent or VMWare?
> any ideas would be helpful.

Hi Tony.

I'm an Aventurin{e} fan personally... for a few reasons:

    (1) Performance benefits by using a shared kernel... (less memory
    footprint and kernel overhead per VPS)
    (2) I like the ability to "vzctl" enter a VPS from the master node.
    (3) Familiar B* gui...
    (4) Supporting B* developer type people...

All this assumes you dont need a windows virtual server of course.

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
|<   o>  Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |