[BlueOnyx:04873] Re: Virtual Server

Jeffrey Pellin jeffrey at px2co.net
Fri Jul 2 02:43:05 -05 2010

>From a practical users point of view I'd have to say Aventurine. As well
as performance efficiency the interface is very familiar being kind of
based on BO/BQ. It's very simple to manage and quick to get going with and
has the necessary templates.

If you need to run other OS virtual servers (Windows, Deb, etc), you
should give Promox a try provided your hardware can deal with it.

Good luck

Jeffrey

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:20:06 +1000, Greg Kuhnert  wrote: On 2/07/2010 7:24
AM, Tony C. Loosle wrote:  I have a few servers running VMWare and also a
license to Avent.   I want to move 4 bx servers to a Virtual server. Which
is better, Avent or VMWare?   any ideas would be helpful.
 Hi Tony.

 I'm an Aventurin{e} fan personally... for a few reasons:
 (1) Performance benefits by using a shared kernel... (less memory
footprint and kernel overhead per VPS)
 (2) I like the ability to "vzctl" enter a VPS from the master node.
 (3) Familiar B* gui...
 (4) Supporting B* developer type
people...

 All this assumes you dont need a windows virtual server of course.

 Regards,
 Greg.

| / Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au [1] |
| < o > Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction |
| / Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules & Support. |

Links:
------
[1] mailto:gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au