[BlueOnyx:04997] Re: SquirrelMail - PHP

David Booth david at goulburn.net.au
Wed Jul 7 18:21:46 -05 2010

From: David Booth

From: Al Cooper

How do I turn on PHP?  Everything was working until about an hour ago.  Only some of the sites are affected.  When I go to a site that is having problems I get the following error when I go to the PHP settings:

            PHP is not enabled for this virtual site. Before PHP is not enabled in general, no further PHP related options may be configured.

      What grammar! Would it be clearer in Latin?

Site management

Services

Web

    Enable PHP scripting

(you don't need suPHP for squirrel to work. I don't know if squirrel stops if you tick suPHP too! I don't need to know)

I would much rather turn off php for the site and use openwebmail. But a lot of the users got started with squirrel after migrating from BQ. And they hate change.

Funny that squirrelmail used to work for a site without php until the suPHP updates!

I think openwebmail would be much better as the 'standard' webmail in BX. $ notwithstanding.