[BlueOnyx:04843] Re: Firewall for Datacenter

Jeffrey Pellin jeffrey at px2co.net
Tue Jun 29 03:14:01 -05 2010

I used pfsense for a while. It has a good web-gui but you need to take the
following issues into account:

1. As it's BSD you need to be VERY careful about what NICs you choose,
particularly if you are using multiple NIC cards.

2. If you are going to use multiple WAN connections, be aware that ftp is
only available on the first, and even then requires both luck and
witchcraft to get it going.

I've heard some good things about Ebox and ClearOS, but have no personal
hands-on.

Regards

Jeffrey

http://www.pfsense.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=45