[BlueOnyx:03777] Re: Sendmail concurrency question

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Tue Mar 2 16:38:48 -05 2010

Yes, just set up the script and dump it in cron.daily, cron.weekly or
cron.monthly.

---

#!/bin/bash

dd if=/usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname
of=/usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname.sort conv=lcase

sort -k2 -t @ < /usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname.sort >
/usr/local/majordomo/sites/siteX/lists/listname

---

The script is three separate lines, # on line 1, dd starts line 2, sort
starts line 3. If it doesn't come out right on the screen, I can email the
script to you.

If putting it in the cron directories listed won't work, just have them add
a custom cron job to run when they want it run. I run mine once a month
because the list isn't that big, but it could run from daily or weekly just
as easily.