[BlueOnyx:03815] Re: YUM updates (2010-03-02)

Jeff Folk jefffolk at mac.com
Thu Mar 4 09:15:57 -05 2010

>> Nothing that I'm aware of. But I'm not using Squirrelmail that
>> much, so I
>> wouldn't know. Didn't it always use to show the name as
>> username at localhost
>> until the user manually changed it in his profile?
>>

> I can confirm that I have seen this behaviour before updates already.
> Either localhost or the FQDN of the server are used to build the
> reply-to / from until the user sets the preferences.
>
> Christoph

Well, I know that previous to the update, I was always telling users
that they had to make changes to the squirrelmail options to change
their reply address to something other than "www.their-domain.tld"...
They always wanted the "www" part gone.

Now it is putting "localhost" in the options, which translates in the
received email to the fqdn of my server (box1.qzoneinc.net).

Would a yum remove and reinstall be prudent?

Thanks;
Jeff