[BlueOnyx:03835] Re: Spamassassin gone plum crazy! - fixed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 4 14:03:25 -05 2010

Hi all,

> got the same problem on a BO box.  since the upgrade to AV-SPAMv5.1 I
> can longer amend anything through the interface

Someone please prepare the tar and the feathers while I strip and prepare for
a little bit of public humiliation.

I screwed up. My apologies to all who were affected by this problem.

Updates of the AV-SPAM have just been published to the YUM repository and they
fix the problem that you could no longer save the settings in the GUI.

Just run (again - sorry!):

yum clean all
yum update

CCEd restart is not needed this time around, but it won't hurt if you do it.

There was a problem with a handler that's supposed to write the changes
requested from the GUI off to the respective config files. That handler
buggered out pretty early on, as it couldn't load a specific Perl module.

It worked on my test box (and I now know why), but not on a (more or less)
"stock" BlueOnyx. I think I need to fire my Q&A department <sigh>.

Again: Sorry!