[BlueOnyx:03844] Re: unable to login to email account after site xfer to blue onyx

David Booth md at goulburn.net.au
Thu Mar 4 21:23:02 -05 2010

On 05/03/2010, at 11:26 AM, Munsell Randall wrote:

> Hi we recently changed a website we manage from an old blue quartz
> server to a
> blue onyx server.  We installed the YUM export utility on the blue
> quartz server
> and imported the site to the new blue onyx server.  But now our
> customers are
> unable to login to the email via any interface eg. webmail, outlook,
> blueonyx
> login, or even telnet.  The customer only has one email account so it
> is very
> crucial to them and they are unable to get any mail.  How can we fix
> this?
> What's the deal here?

Can you access the BO GUI?
Can you create a new user?
Can mail then be delivered to that user's mbox?
  Can you access via ssh?
  Can you see the new user in /home/sites/your_site_name/users
Can you see it in /home/sites/your_site_name/users/new_user/mbox
Can you then see it in webmail and/or retrieve it with a mail client?

shoot the trouble