[BlueOnyx:03870] Re: Help smtp blocked somehow.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 5 13:19:14 -05 2010

Hi Menno,

> Ah, I've now figured out why. Sendmail seems to be setup only to bind to
> localhost.
>
> My /etc/mail/sendmail.cf contains:
>
> O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
>
> Any ideas why it's set like this? Have I forgotten to set something up in
> the BlueOnyx GUI?

Check if SMTP is enabled in the GUI. If it is, disable it, save and enable it
again.

Typically sendmail.cf will have this daemon options if SMTP and SMTPS are
enabled:

# SMTP daemon options
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp, Name=MTA
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s

Which prompt Sendmail to bind to all IP addresses - and not just 127.0.0.1