[BlueOnyx:03871] Re: Help smtp blocked somehow.

Menno Jansz menno at jansz.com
Fri Mar 5 13:44:50 -05 2010

Hi Michael,

> Check if SMTP is enabled in the GUI. If it is, disable it, save and enable it
> again.
>
> Typically sendmail.cf will have this daemon options if SMTP and SMTPS are
> enabled:
>
> # SMTP daemon options
> O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp, Name=MTA
> O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s
>
> Which prompt Sendmail to bind to all IP addresses - and not just 127.0.0.1

I tried that already. The checkbox was enabled.

Oddly, the "Enable SMTP Server" checkbox, whilst it forces a rewrite of the
sendmail.cf, does not seem to change the setting from

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

I double checked using a " diff sendmail.cf sendmail.cf.bak" after
toggling the
checkbox and there is no difference apart from the build comment.

The "Enable Submission Port" and "Enable SMTPS Server" do work correctly.

Any ideas? I have a standard BlueOnyx install with the latest yum updates. Not
done any Maildir hackery yet! I plan to do that once I get this working :)

Cheers,
Menno