[BlueOnyx:03881] Re: [ok] RE: [ok] Frontpage

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Sat Mar 6 00:21:14 -05 2010

The highest version of Apache that FP binaries support is 2.0. BX uses 2.2
as does CENTOS 5. Simply put: doesn't work on current versions. Period. FP
isn't open source. Sources are not available.

The company MS outsourced support for FP server extensions on non-MS
platforms to is in Lowell MA (or is that Chelmsford MA?). About a 30m drive
from here. I know people who have worked there. Been in their offices. When
they EOL's FP server extensions several years ago, development stopped.
Fini. End of an ugly chapter in web development.

If you have to keep FP around, keep an old BQ server and put those clients
on that server. If they are that wedded to FP, then let them use the old
stuff, but get your other clients onto something more current and feature
rich.

No amount of requests or complaining will get FP server extensions on BX.
Just can't happen.

FP extensions - never on BX, move them back to the past on BQ and CENTOS 4.

	Thanks,
		-Stephanie