[BlueOnyx:03938] Re: Any howto for installing spamassassin/clamav/milter on BlueOnyx?

Menno Jansz menno at jansz.com
Thu Mar 11 10:10:35 -05 2010

Well I managed to do all of it successfully. Was a bit in to much of a
rush to take notes as I went along, as I had to get the server moved before
midnight yesterday, but I'll try and come up with some amendments later.
The notes were very handy thanks.

One thing I did notice is that oddly clamav-0.95.3 did not install any
sysconfig or init.rd scripts. It doesnt seem to come with any in the tar
either. Did you experience this as well?

The other was that in /etc/sysconfig/spamass-milter I had to change the
EXTRA_FLAGS to SM_EXTRA_FLAGS for the settings there to have any affect.

I'm also considering whether the milter order might be better changed
round, to have spamass-milter run first, and then clamav-milter, so that
spam is not virus scanned unnecessarily, since I'm rejecting any above 15.

Cheers,
Menno