[BlueOnyx:03987] Re: migration mySQL problems :-(

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at raqware.com
Fri Mar 12 04:49:57 -05 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 00:15 -0700, weggingt at eggington.net wrote:
<snip>
</snip>
> >> did everything again only this time using the -n option for cmuImport.
> >> Everything worked great this time until I got to the /usr/bin/mysql
> -root
> >> -ppasswordofmysql <hostname.of.source.mysqldump.sql step.
> >>
> >> It just wont' let me copy over or replace what is there from the
> old/bad
> >> restore.   :-(

What do you mean by copy?
Practice is to export/import.

and what is the error you get.?

> >> So then I tried to go in through phpmyAdmin but it won't load in the
> >> blueOnyx interface!  It just remains white and I get the message saying
> >> there.
> >> :-(

Is tbe MySQL password set.
Typically the GUI phpMyAdmin will not work unless the password has been
initialized. Install default is no password.

> >> Is there a way to MAKE it load?  Maybe nuke mysql and re-install it?
> How
> >> would you guys recommend I get around this?

Set the password
login to MySql
execute
  show databases;
then maybe drop the ones that are giving trouble.
  drop database <troublesome>