[BlueOnyx:04020] Re: migration mySQL problems :-(

weggingt at eggington.net weggingt at eggington.net
Sat Mar 13 21:17:37 -05 2010

This is my forth time trying to migrate over from BQ to BO.  Each time it
is the mySQL stuff that kills me.  creating a mysql account for "root"
seems to cause major havoc but it is the way the instructions say to do it
so. . . thats the way I try and do it.

I think because mySQL on my old BQ server is much older than the one on BO
it messes with all the tables and user permissions.  Doing the suggested
scripts usually results in me getting locked out of phpMyAdmin and. . .
once I'm locked out of that I'm hosed.  Have to start over again.

I'm kind of at my wits end.   :-(