[BlueOnyx:04070] Re: Couple of questions...

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Fri Mar 19 19:14:36 -05 2010

I think it's time for Blue Onyx to step into the 21st century and dump
Majordomo.  That said, I would easily pay $50 or $100 for a Mailman package
that could live alongside Majordomo.  Most people are using Mailman in
webhosting environments today and it only seems like EDU's are hanging on to
Majordomo.  Maybe some others would answer if they would like a BX addon to
Mailman, but you have one thumbs up here.

> Set up your IMAP on your various mail clients.  Then assuming you want
> to load your that's currently downloaded onto the various clients back
> into the IMAP store, you can keep your POP3 and IMAP set up
> simultaneously on your workstations (but be sure and turn off the
> checking on the POP3 accounts so they stop downloading!)  Then drag and
> drop your messages from your POP3 inbox to your IMAP inbox.
>
> In order to save space on the server, you may want to periodically
> remove messages and save them on a local store somewhere, or at least
> into an archive folder on the IMAP account.   I do that, and keep at max
> 12 months of INBOX, with the rest offloaded into ARCHIVED.
>
> Everybody has their favorite way to manage their email.  That's just mine.

Do I have to create new mailboxes on the server that are IMAP or just change
the existing ones to be IMAP (can I even do that?).