[BlueOnyx:04087] Re: BlueOnyx on VPS

Trond Husø trond at trondhuso.no
Sun Mar 21 17:54:25 -05 2010

Hi list,
A quick update on the subject:

I took the discussion of list with Chris Gebhardt, because I had a
feeling it could clutter up the list (it didn't, but you never know).
Anyway: Gebhardt suggested that I used the ISO-image for BO to install
the ISP-software on the VPS.

My challenge is that the VPS is already installed with VPS and I am not
sure if it is possible to reinstall with another OS. I am not even sure
how I would be able to reboot the system to run the BO-ISO image without
me looking over it's sholders.
I have therefor contacted my VPS provider and asked them if it would be
possible to run the VPS with the image for the BO ISP system.

That would again open up for a Norwegian VPS-provider to use BO - but
we'll see. At the moment they are suggesting clients to install
ISPConfig.
Since I have been using BQ back in the days (around 2006), I kinda would
like to use this system instead...

Thanks for all the help, Chris!

Best

--