[BlueOnyx:04120] Re: duplicate users in gui which wont delete

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Mar 23 13:15:29 -05 2010

Hi Steve,

> > yes I have 2 rows - both are deletable - no email to consider
> >
> > /usr/sausalito/codb/objects/1786/.name:kmace
> > /usr/sausalito/codb/objects/1787/.name:kmace
> >
> > but interface refuses to delete.....
>
> Hmm I'll have a play on a test server this evening. Could be we can
> 'rename' one behind the scenes to allow deletion but I need to ensure it
> doesn't break anything badly. I'll let you know when I know something. In
> the mean time I'd run a backup with something like raqbackup, It'll be step
> 1 on my instructions..

Yeah, this is something pretty unique. Without playing this scenario out on a
test server I also wouldn't know how to untagle this in the best fashion.

But yeah, the best bet here is to rename one of the users by editing either

/usr/sausalito/codb/objects/1786/.name

/usr/sausalito/codb/objects/1787/.name

.. and to change one of the names inside those files to something else.

Afterwards it should be possible to delete one or even both through the GUI.

But as said: That's a unique situation that shouldn't have happened to begin
with (can't imagine how that happened!).