[BlueOnyx:05328] Re: New DFix release

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sat Sep 4 18:13:44 -05 2010

  On 5/09/2010 8:59 AM, Jon McCauley wrote:
> FYI
> Greg, I tried installing on 3 different servers and I am getting  that
> darn error...
>
> "There was an error verifying the package file. It may be corrupted,
> or it may not have the correct authentication information. The
> software package was not installed."

This error message relates to package signing / authentication. This was
never documented in the info I have seen when Sun released their open
source code... One day, I might have a look at this, but its not there
at the moment.

To turn off this feature, go to Software Updates -> Settings -> Advanced
and turn OFF the checkbox "Packages must be authenticated".

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert, gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au               |
|<   o>  Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   Come see us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules&  Support.    |