[BlueOnyx:05327] Re: New DFix release

Jon McCauley jon at ontarioweb.ca
Sat Sep 4 17:59:28 -05 2010

On 9/4/2010 5:33 PM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
>    I've mentioned recently a type of attack I have seen that uses spoofed
> DNS packets. From all reports, it appears I am the only one around here
> that has been hit. However, I have still decided to put the detection of
> this attack as a new feature in DFix.
>
> At the same time, I have done a cleanup of the block/unblock code. Its
> now a lot cleaner. I have also changed the action from "reject" to
> "block" as the action when an attack is detected.
>
> Enjoy.

FYI
Greg, I tried installing on 3 different servers and I am getting  that
darn error...

"There was an error verifying the package file. It may be corrupted, or
it may not have the correct authentication information. The software
package was not installed."

Best Regards, Jon McCauley

believed to be clean.