[BlueOnyx:05458] Re: Dealing with /admin URL 'hijacking

Abdul Rashid Abdullah webmaster at muntada.com
Sat Sep 25 08:47:28 -05 2010

Stephanie hit the nose on the target.  I would prefer to modify the CMS
rather than BlueOnyx.  When you migrate to a new system, you will deal with
the issue all over again.  It is best to change it upfront.

PLUS I am not sure who said something about BlueOnyx security and they
deleted it for that reason but I would say that it is FAR better to rename
the admin of a CMS as there is by far a higher likelihood of an exploit on
the CMS than on BlueOnyx coming into play.  Zen Cart as an example EXPLICTLY
encourages all of the users to rename to something unique and specifically
warns you if I am remembering correctly if you don't do it.  It is one of
their counter measures for not getting hacked.

Regards,

Rashid