[BlueOnyx:05474] Issue with BO installation on OpenVZ

James james at slor.net
Mon Sep 27 07:56:01 -05 2010

Hey everyone - I'm running into something strange with a tarball
installation on an OpenVZ VPS.  Things have been running fine for a while on
this server, but at least of the last reboot something seems to be amiss...
Instead of the actual hostname of the server, say server1.mydomain.com, the
BO interface, sendmail, etc. are now reporting it as localhost.localdomain.
Other than yum updates, I haven't changed anything configuration-wise since
it was reporting server1.mydomain.com, and I can't figure out what I need to
do to correct this.  Logging in via SSH, hostname still reports
server1.mydomain.com.  localhost.localdomain is obviously bad, especially
when it comes to email delivery, so I'd most appreciate any insight on this!

thanks
James