[BlueOnyx:05485] Re: Issue with BO installation on OpenVZ

James james at slor.net
Mon Sep 27 18:39:41 -05 2010

Looks like all that stuff is the way it should be, though I don't actually
own the VPS master node in this case to check that part.  However, after
trying a few things on my second VPS, I ended up changing the second to last
line of /etc/hosts from:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost server1.mydomain.com

to:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

on reboot, it became:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost localhost-venet0.localdomain

Now, the names are resolving as they should as server1.mydomain.com.  First
time I've manually edited /etc/hosts, so I don't know how it got that way.
I don't even fully understand why my change fixed things, but I'll take it
either way. :)

thanks
James