[BlueOnyx:05488] Cced hangs, admsrv & httpd down @ 4am

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Tue Sep 28 00:55:38 -05 2010

Hi guys,

We have an issue with one of our BX servers - where (and it's always around the same time) at around 4am - the admin web server, and http fails. When we log in to the box, we are unable to restart cced - it just hangs at 'shutting down cceed'.

The last thing in the logs (messages) is

SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restartSIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart

This is the last item in messages before we hit the bit reset button.

Apart from that the server seems fine - the server is a LAMP server and runs about 40 or so PHP sites - some of which have CMS back ends.

The problem last happened about 6 months ago - so not a common issue - but still quite disruptive (to my early morning wakeup routine!)

If anyone can recommend any other log files apart from messages, dmesg, httpd error_log (I have checked these and can't see anything obviously bad / out of the ordinary) I would be most grateful!

Cheers,

Jeff