[BlueOnyx:06904] blueonyx vps problem

Steffan general at ziggo.nl
Wed Apr 6 02:35:17 -05 2011

Hello i have several a BO running on a VPS server

Now I have a problem with a container

When sending email the helo = localhost.localdomain

So I checked /etc/hosts

It looks like this

# /etc/hosts

# Auto-generated file.  Keep your customizations at the bottom of this file.

127.0.0.1        localhost localhost.localdomain

127.0.0.1              localhost.localdomain localhost-venet0.localdomain
localhost-venet0

83.xx.xxx.xx           localhost.localdomain localhost-venet0:0.localdomain
localhost-venet0:0

#END of auto-generated code.  Customize beneath this line.

### Begin - Nuonce hosts Fix

###  End  - Nuonce hosts Fix

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost server10.tkservers.com

# Auto-generated hostname. Please do not remove this comment.

xx.xx.xxx.xx server10.SERVERNAME localhost-venet0:0.localdomain
localhost-venet0:0  server10 server10-venet0:0 localhost.localdomain
server10-venet0:0.SERVERNAME

so I changed the 127 line and the 83.xx line in

127.0.0.1               server10.SERVERNAME server10-venet0.SERVERNAME
server10-venet0

83.xx.xxx.xx            server10.SERVERNAME server10-venet0:0.SERVERNAME
server10-venet0:0

That works but I think this change will be overwritten bij the server
sometime

What can I change to get this working for the future

Uname -a reports the hostname

There is a reverse dns for the ip

Thanks Steffan