[BlueOnyx:06905] Re: blueonyx vps problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 6 11:26:42 -05 2011

Hi Steffan,

> That works but I think this change will be overwritten bij the server
> sometime What can I change to get this working for the future
>
> Uname –a reports the hostname
> There is a reverse dns for the ip

I think the problem was caused when one of the handlers didn't run correctly
on initial setup of the VPS. It's an odd problem that I sometimes have seen as
well.

If you changed /etc/hosts as you have already outlined, everything will be
fine. /etc/hosts only gets modified on server renames or if a site is added.
Even then only the sections relevant to the required changes get modified or
added, so you should be safe there.