[BlueOnyx:06947] Re: No web service after last night's yum and reboot

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sat Apr 9 15:04:30 -05 2011

Hi Everybody,
Wow... quite the cluster-bomb, eh?   We just had another customer
experience the same issue on their 3 Aventurin{e}-based servers.

I believe you may find this a faster / easier fix that does not involve
taking the contents of /etc/httpd/alias from another server:

Perform the following as root:

==============================
/etc/init.d/httpd stop

cd /etc/httpd/

mkdir alias_bork

mv alias/*  alias_bork/

cp/etc/pki/nssdb/* alias/

cp alias_bork/* alias/

/etc/init.d/httpd start

Interestingly, I checked one of our stand-alone BX boxes (as opposed to
a virtualized system) and found there is no /etc/httpd/alias directory.
  <shrug>.

Hope this proves helpful if you've been bitten by this bug.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services