[BlueOnyx:06977] Re: Exclude Directory in RaqBackup.sh

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Apr 10 22:03:40 -05 2011

Don Teague wrote:
> I know you can exclude a directory in RaqBackup, and that you can even
> add more than one directory to the list. When I tested it out, I noticed
> that it renames the directories that you are excluding from the backup.
>
> I want to exclude some data from the backup, as I have multiple sources
> of the data. (These are large video files. Since they never change, no
> use in backing them up each night in my opinion.)
>
> Is there a way to exclude content from the backup without it renaming
> the directory during the backup?

Other than the raqbackup.sh-provided method of setting the exclude dir,
I'm not aware.  Recall that raqbackup.sh simply calls cmuExport to run
the backups, and there is not a provision in the CMU tools for path
exclusion.

Note that it *has* been suggested here:
http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/ticket/7

But given other priorities, it's likely going to take somebody taking
the bull by the horns on it.

Raqbackup.sh works around the lack of exclude in CMU by forcing a "mv"
on the path before CMU runs, then performs the "mv" back when CMU is
done.  That method has its obvious limitations.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services