[BlueOnyx:07123] Re: Perl not run on BO tarball onCentOS 5.5

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 20 17:37:39 -05 2011

Hi Eiji,

> I  found  that the privileges "Site Administrator" was also belong to
> "apatch group",  not only  siteXX.   I don't why.

Oh? That's indeed really unusual.

> Anyway,  I except  the ID from  "apatch group".
> Then,  CGIs are running  now.

Yeah, I can imagine.

> So, I like to know why the site administrator was belong to  "apache
> group". Anyone advice me ?  What acction of control panel  happens the
> case ?

No, sorry. I have no idea how that could have happened. When a user is made
siteAdmin, he is added to the group "site-adm". Likewise, when his privileges
are removed, he is removed from the group "site-adm".

The "apache" group has no members, nor will the GUI ever add any users to that
group. Well ... at least it shouldn't. So I have no idea how this happened.

Please check if your "apache" group has a different numerical GID than 48,
though.