[BlueOnyx:07138] Re: PHP: working BQ page dead on BO?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 22 10:50:48 -05 2011

Hi Roy,

> I created a  test file at http://www.greasecutters.com/test.php and php
> WILL run, just not my original script.
>
> I saw the sitenn listed, when I did an ls so I attempted a chown, but
> everything comes back as operation not permitted. Im logged in as the main
> server admin acct.

You need to be "root" to do such operations. As admin type "su -" to gain root
access. When it asks for the password, enter your admin password again.

Also run "tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log" when you access your script with
the browser. If there are errors with this script, the error messages show up
in that logfile and with "tail -f" you can see any new lines that show up in
that logfile while you're watching it.