[BlueOnyx:07160] Re: CPU and hardware info

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Apr 24 21:14:44 -05 2011

Franklin S Werren wrote:
> I wish I knew......
> I am letting it burn in right now.
> All I did was replace the hard drives.
> 2 250 gig to 2 500 gig drives
> It is a little pizza box from IBM, e-series I think without looking
> It ran Blue Quartz for the last several years with no problem.
> I do not know if it is a freak of nature but I am just letting it
> run for know before I start putting sites on it.

We've dealt with a few of the e325 and e335 boxes.  They're great until
the power supplies burn up.  It's amazing how quickly they'll fill a
10,000sf datacenter with the acrid smell of burning electronics.  But
anyhow... you may find there are a couple of different disk settings in
the BIOS.  I haven't actually looked at one in quite some time (although
we still have about a dozen running) but I seem to recall you can set
the drive controller a couple of different ways on these boxes.  I can't
swear to running anything larger than 250GB on one of them though... so
hopefully I'm not just confusing matters for you.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services