[BlueOnyx:08106] Re: suPHP

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Mon Aug 15 10:59:55 -05 2011

On Aug 15, 2011, at 10:26 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
>> Having an issue with suPHP on my new 5107R server. I had suPHP enabled on
>> two v-sites on my 5106R server, exported them, and imported into my 5107R
>> server. Everything transferred over perfectly. I am having issues with
>> those two suPHP sites... blank pages, etc. httpd error_log shows
>> open_basedir problems with the site's web directory! I see the web
>> directory in the basedir field of the site but the Wordpress website won't
>> work unless I but the web path into the global PHP settings.
>>
>> That shouldn't be required, should it? In fact, it would be pretty bad if I
>> had to do that, right??
>
> Please run this script as root:
>
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/set_default_php_settings.pl
>
> Then check the site settings in the GUI. If need be turn off and turn on suPHP
> again and I think it should be working again.
>
> Most likely cause is that the "PHP" / "Open Basedir" for the sites in question
> were missing the (correct) path to the site's root folder.

Thanks, Michael;

I'm afraid that has no effect... blank pages in Safari, Chrome says "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.", and error_log says:

[Mon Aug 15 10:48:53 2011] [error] [client 108.77.214.37] PHP Warning:  require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/.sites/28/site1/web/wp-blog-header.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/) in /home/.sites/28/site1/web/index.php on line 17

Where "/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/home/.sites/28/site1/" is clearly in the open_basedir of the site in question... path is correct. Adding the site path to global open_basedir gets the site working again.

I'm stumped! (spelled s-t-u-p-i-d) LOL
Any other suggestions?

Regards;
Jeff