[BlueOnyx:08104] Re: suPHP

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Aug 15 10:26:46 -05 2011

Hi Jeff,

> Having an issue with suPHP on my new 5107R server. I had suPHP enabled on
> two v-sites on my 5106R server, exported them, and imported into my 5107R
> server. Everything transferred over perfectly. I am having issues with
> those two suPHP sites... blank pages, etc. httpd error_log shows
> open_basedir problems with the site's web directory! I see the web
> directory in the basedir field of the site but the Wordpress website won't
> work unless I but the web path into the global PHP settings.
>
> That shouldn't be required, should it? In fact, it would be pretty bad if I
> had to do that, right??

Please run this script as root:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/set_default_php_settings.pl

Then check the site settings in the GUI. If need be turn off and turn on suPHP
again and I think it should be working again.

Most likely cause is that the "PHP" / "Open Basedir" for the sites in question
were missing the (correct) path to the site's root folder.