[BlueOnyx:08128] Re: 5107R-SL-6.1 Virtual Machines...

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Aug 16 17:41:17 -05 2011

Hi Scott,

> It seems that if I try to run the new version of BO as a virtual
> machine I have some problem with cced.  When I try to add a new site
> the browser show a white page and does not continue.  When I look at
> the running processes I can see that cced is still running.  When I
> try to restart cced and admserv the init script just hangs.
>
> The same thing happens on my test ESXi and XenServer environments.
>
> Anyone have a similar experience using visualization and BO?

I don't have access to an ESXi box, but have 5107R running under OpenVZ and
under XEN.

CCEd can sometimes be a bit resilient when it has hung up really bad. In that
case you may have to go in and may have to kill off the pperld and cced.init
processes. And/or any handler that's still running. I usually don't see that
very often, but yes, I have seen that happening from time to time in any
environment.