[BlueOnyx:08187] Re: PHP Version

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Aug 22 13:37:47 -05 2011

bluequartz at ozin.com wrote:
> I know we were all stuck on 5.1.x as CENTOS was stuck there.
>
> But I notice that recent updates take us to CENTOS 5.6 (or am I mistaken?)
>
> In that case shouldn't I have been updated to PHP 5.3 at the same time?
>
> I still seem to be on 5.1

While PHP 5.3 is made available as an "extra", installing it will result
in BlueOnyx breaking, since admserv is not capable of functioning above 5.1.

If you would like to upgrade PHP, it's cheap enough from either one of
the PKG vendors (Solarspeed, Compass Networks).   Those guys put a lot
of heart and soul into making BlueOnyx what it is, so I'm not stingy in
using their PKGs, since doing so is economical for me and helps sustain
the ecosystem.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services