[BlueOnyx:08305] Re: Yum not updating

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Aug 30 00:58:17 -05 2011

Hi Chuck,

> I've got a VM on my Fedora desktop running the new 5107R inside
> VirtualBox.
>
> [...]
>
> After noticing that, I got to looking around a bit and found there were no
> "repo" file in /etc/yum.repos.d.  There's a warning file about not using
> RPMforge, and there's a directory called "oldrepofiles" - but no repo
> files.  In that /etc/yum.repos.d/oldrepofiles directory - I find:

Ok, I see the problem. In the early days of 5107R we temporarily had a
somewhat broken set of base-swupdate RPM's in the YUM repository, which we
quickly pulled again.

The presence of the /etc/yum.repos.d/oldrepofiles/ directory (which contains
the unmodified YUM repository files) tells me that you apparently got the
faulty base-swupdate RPMs installed in the brief time that it was out. :o(

Do this to fix the problem (5107R only!):

rm /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo

rpm -hUv --force
http://devel.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS6/blueonyx/i386/RPMS/blueonyx-
yumconf-2.0.0-3.i386.rpm

rpm -hUv --force
http://devel.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS6/blueonyx/i386/RPMS/solarspeed-
blueonyx-repo-1.0.0-SOL3.i386.rpm

rpm -hUv --force
ftp://ftp2.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/i386/os/Packages/sl-
release-6.1-2.i686.rpm

Then run "yum clean all" ; "yum update" and you should be good again.