[BlueOnyx:07460] Re: Question about FTP and SFTP

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 16 09:30:13 -05 2011

Hi Eiji,

> But still my BOs, public and private IP,  have a problem at FTP.
>
> The error message of Active monitor is;
>
> * The FTP server is not running and could not be restarted.
>   In the Server Desktop, try turning the FTP server off
>  then on again to see if this corrects the problem.
>  If the FTP server is still unable to start, try rebooting the server
> itself by clicking the Reboot Now button in the Power menu under System
> Settings. If the FTP server is still unable to start, please refer
> http://BlueOnyx.it/ for technical support.
>
>  I also modify "/usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_ftp.exp" as [coba-e:16239] ,
>  But the "set timeout 30" did not fix my problem.
>
> Please advice me again.

Please check /etc/xinetd.d/proftpd and make sure it has the following
information in it:

# default: off
# $Id: proftpd-xinetd,v 1.2 2002/06/10 15:35:47 dude Exp $
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.proftpd
        log_on_success          += DURATION
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        nice                    = 10
        disable                 = no