[BlueOnyx:07493] Re: New BlueOnyx ISO image available

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sun Jun 19 11:21:20 -05 2011

On 6/19/2011 5:17 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> If you're not using any mailing lists on your server yet (or if you can safely
> delete them for now), then you can convert your server using the steps
> outlined here: http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=mailman

I converted a fully updated test server we have that does not have any
lists created with Majordomo. While the conversion following the
instructions went perfectly, it doesn't seem to work right. I went into
Server Management -> Network Service -> Mailman and click on the Mailman
admin, added my address on the Mass subscription page as an invite and
received the invite message, but got this in return when replying...

> <mailman-request at www1.webtent.net>: host www1.webtent.net[208.38.145.23] said:
>     550 5.1.1 <mailman-request at www1.webtent.net>... User unknown (in reply to
>     RCPT TO command)

Doesn't seem to have that user setup, but I see in a new alias file for
mailman...

> [root at www1 ~]# grep -r mailman-request /etc/mail
> /etc/mail/aliases.mailman:mailman-request:      "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"

And when I do newaliases, seems to still like Majordomo...

> [root at www1 ~]# newaliases
> /etc/mail/aliases: 73 aliases, longest 10 bytes, 722 bytes total
> newaliases: cannot open /etc/mail/aliases.majordomo: No such file or directory

Also, I setup a site and was able to create a list in the traditional
way before the convert, but when I edit and click on MailMan Admin, it
cannot find the page.

I did all the restarts of cced, http and sendmail, even rebooted the
server. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, Robert