[BlueOnyx:07498] Re: New BlueOnyx ISO image available

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jun 19 12:28:11 -05 2011

Hi Robert,

> The email that I found using google, also suggested that I set the admin
> password, too. But the admin user doesn't exist yet. Perhaps the setup
> page creates it?

You must have grabbed the BlueOnyx-5.6-20110618.iso as soon as it had been out
and before I could fix that problem. I had a fixed version out just a few
minutes later and just released it under the same name and version number, as
the time between initial release and release of the fixed version was less
than 15 minutes or so.

Short of re-downloading the ISO and starting over, do this instead:

Connect a keyboard and monitor and get a console. Login as "root" with the
default "blueonyx" password.

Then type this commands:

cd /usr/sausalito/scripts/
./enableQuota.sh
./initHttpd.sh
./initNamed.sh
./initProcmail.sh
./initSendmail.sh
./initServices.sh
./initSSL.sh
./pwdb2shadow.sh

Basically you're running all the tools in the /usr/sausalito/scripts/
manually.

Once that's done the box will work fine. But for good measure reboot it and
then finish the web based initial setup.